Saturday 6 December 2008

Evaluation of my preliminary exercise.

I think that some of my work in this project was bad; in the way that the shots that i used (over the shoulder shot) was not as good as my partner because you don't actually see the other person shoulder near the camera. I think I need more coverage also. For my next exercise(The exchange) I think I need to improve just get more handles in.

Some of the Editing wasn't good but a few minor things such as the boy walks in and leaves the door open but when you see him sitting down it's closed. That's something that next time i have to make more attention to small things. Also I didn't leave no handles and this made it very hard to edit

I think that the sound of when the boy opens the door and everything was fine but the dialogue is hard to hear.

I have to improve 'The Rule of Thirds.' because in the frame i need more looking space for the actors and also I need to put the actor's along the axis, as this makes this more interesting than the actor being bang in the middle.

Another thing to improve is 'Framing' becuase like i said in 'The Rule of Thirds' I need more looking space but also I have alot of unwanted space in the frame so I think that the next exercise I do, i should zoom closer or place the camera agaisnt a white or dull background.

I think that altogether my preliminary exercise was good because of the fact that I have only done one other shooting which was just practicing different shots. So this wasn't so bad but I few things i need to focus on before my next exercise and also my major finished exercise which is The open to a film noir thriller.

I have learnt from this exercise how to edit but that is only because this is the first time I have edited. Also I think that by my next exercise if I ever use an over the shoulder shot I actually have to put in the shoulder because sometimes in this exercise you see a shoulder and then sometimes you don't see it. Also by my next exercise I have to remember my framing as there is a lot of unwanted space that is not important for the video.

No comments: